MAINTAINING YOUR HOME
When it comes to your home’s maintenance, we are in this together. NuNu Realty will resolve your home’s major maintenance concerns. However, as a resident you will have minor home maintenance responsibilities.
Let us handle the big stuff like appliances and fences. If something of that level goes wrong, contact us to avoid mishandled repairs. The smaller items, like air filters and pest control, are your responsibility. If unsure of your responsibilities, please contact your Property Manager.
Please read the list below for a short guide.
We want to help you avoid any unnecessary fees to your account. Fees will incur for the following:
UNDERSTANDING YOUR LANDSCAPING RESPONSIBILITIES
A major benefit of renting a single-family home is having private outdoor space. In fact, access to outdoor space is often a major reason that people choose to live in a home. While there are many benefits to having outdoor space, it also comes with some additional responsibilities.
Remember: Proper landscape care improves the appearance of the home, reduces HOA and municipal fines, helps control pests, and prevents damage to the home.
RESIDENT LANDSCAPING RESPONSIBILITIES
- General yard care
- Mow lawn regularly or as needed
- Water lawn and plants to keep them healthy
- Trim tree branches below 10 feet in height
- Trim hedges and shrubs at least 1 foot away from the home
- Remove weeds from all flower beds and hardscape areas
- Fertilize as needed
- Rake and dispose of leaves and other debris
- Remove snow and ice from driveways and sidewalks
- Clean up any pet waste immediately
At NuNu we want to give you the opportunity to create your own outdoor environment. Residents can make changes to the landscaping with approval from their property manager.
LANDSCAPING MAINTENANCE SERVICE REQUESTS
If you have any safety concerns or non-functioning sprinkler system equipment, promptly contact the NuNu Realty maintenance team to submit a service request.
We hope you can enjoy this home for years, but when the time comes to move out, please leave the home in the same condition as when you moved in. We want to help you maximize your security deposit refund. Read a list of items to maintain in our Move Out Guide.
FULFILLING HOA AND MUNICIPAL
Your NuNu Home may be part of a Homeowners Association (HOA) or a municipality covered by specific rules and regulations to keep your neighborhood beautiful and safe. Please familiarize yourself with the expectations and restrictions provided to you as part of your Lease Agreement, if applicable. Some of these requirements may include:
- Maintaining the landscaping of trees, plants, flowers, and shrubs on your lot.
- Parking vehicles in the driveway or garage and not covering sidewalk areas or impeding pedestrians. Please be aware of the residential speed limit and watch for pedestrians while driving.
- Keeping driveways free of oil stains.
- Storing trash containers in garages or behind a fence, and not in driveways or common areas.
- Placing trash containers on the street no earlier than the night before trash pick-up and storing them no later than the night of trash collection.
- Removing holiday decorations within a reasonable amount of time (approximately 10 days).
- Walking pets on a leash and disposing waste properly.
- Not displaying signs, foil, cardboard, or any other item visible from the exterior or displayed in the window of your home.